Say wooooooot? I have been nominated for the Liebster Award again, this time by a bear named Ted, or a human named Lance – I am not sure which – from this blog. As you will notice, as you klick on the link I so gracefully have provided for you, that the nominating blog is called This.Bad.Teddy.Bear. Quite intriguing. That’s one of the things that make you go HMMM…
Old Mamasan, being of sound mind and somewhat in control of her marbles (I am not crazy, my mother had me tested), have an obvious question to ask Mr. Bear. (It being obvious makes it redundant to post it here, but I will anyways. Because I can. It’s my blog. Suck it up, Buttercup!) Here goes:
Mr. Bear, what are you bad AT?
While we await Mr. Bear to bear us his answer (see what I did there?), I will repeat what I said in august when I first received this award. Please bear in mind (Ooppss, I did it again) that it is no longer summer, and Old Mamasan is definitely not clad in bikini at this point in time. (Please note that I cannot figure out how to reblog anything, thus the copy and paste from the old Liebster Award post I wrote six months ago)
Yesterday, after posting my daily blogpost, the weirdest thing happened! Totally threw me for a loop! I was enjoying a bit of sun on my pasty pale, slightly overweight body (I have a secluded backyard so I do dare to sit in my bikini, the only one who will run away while trying to scratch his eyes out while he yells «the horror, the horror!» is my dog, and he won’t get far as the backyard is fenced *evil grin*), while the phone keeps prompting me for emails. Now this happens every time I publish on my blog, because now I actually have followers. (Yeeeey!!) I can probably turn off the email prompts, or at least turn the sound off when I get emails, but I will be totally honest here and say that I really, really love the attention!
All bloggers love the attention; we all want to be read! That is the whole point of blogging! Now, you tell me that you only blog for yourself and don’t care about readers? FIBBER! If you do not want to be read, then you keep a journal, and never make your entries public. I know myself well enough to admit to the whole world; I blog because I want you to read what I have to say. Therefore, the ding-ding-dingading-ding-ding-ding on my phone pleases me to no end.
I got sidetracked there, sorry about that. There I was, in my bikini, smiling wider and wider for every ding. After a while, I picked up my phone and looked at the stats and the likes and the comments. And that is when I see it «Also, I’m nominating you for the Liebster award.»
Say what? I had seen the Liebster Award running around the forum, but I didn’t really know what it was. Being Norwegian, I understand a little German, when motivated I can even speak it a little: Zwei Bier und eine Brezel, bitte. Most Norwegians learned German in school, and those of us who didn’t, have seen enough Derrick (German TV series about Oberinspektor Derrick and Kriminalhauptmeister Klein running all over Munich solving murder cases) – to carry a meaningful conversation in German about forensics, alibies and motifs. It was so important to me to be unique back in my school days, I opted away German classes just to be different. (I did not need any other reason then that) So I took French classes instead. (Parce que cela est comment je roule!) To all your language teachers out there, just a piece of advice; do not ever try to pass off Batman dubbed in French as a French movie! Je suis Batman! I’m sorry, but that is just wrong in so many levels. The movie Taxi wasn’t yet made back then, but if you need to show your students a good French movie, then Taxi is one they will love. Mind you, we are not talking Hollywood-version with Queen Latifah, but the original French movie, Taxi.
Sorry, got terribly sidetracked again. As I was saying, I understand a little German, and I just happen to know that «Liebster» means sweetheart (or other terms of endearment). Sweetheart Awards? Hellooooo! I’m not a sweetheart! I’m as ornery as they come, so how in the world can I be nominated for any sweetheart awards? Now if we choose to see the award as more of a «good reads award», then I do believe we are cooking with oil!
Ornery or not, I have to find out what this award I am nominated for really is. I did a search on O’ Wise Google and this site popped up. And yes, it is a chain letter of sorts, but the really cool kind! Basically, it is a marketing tool, a tool where blog-love is sent your way and you get to pay it forward. Of course, everyone decides for themselves if they will partake in this or not. I see it as an honor, and am glad to partake. Giving and receiving a little love is a good thing, don’t you think? (I’m still not a sweetheart, let me be clear on that!
Mr. Bear or the Lance-person nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I am honored. Thank you so much for nominating my little blog for the Liebster Award, Ted or Lance!
Here’s how it works (and I am reintroducing the «old» rules, as they resonate a little better with me then the new ones):
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Here are my answers to Ted or Lance’s questions:
1.Are you a morning or night person? – «Belief makes a hollow place. Something has to roll in to fill it. Which is not to say that belief denies logic. For example, it’s fairly obvious that the Sandman needs only a small sack. On the Discworld, he doesn’t bother to take the sand out first.» – Sir Terry Pratchett
(Meaning that I’d be a nightperson if I could only stay awake long enough)
2. What is the one thing you can’t go a day without? 3. If you knew you couldn’t fail, what would you do and why? – Write a book. Because I want to. (I have not failed. I’ve just found 10.000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas A. Edison)
4. If you could meet anybody (alive or dead) who would it be? – Sir Terry Pratchett
5. Do you think your life is book/ film worthy? Which one would you choose? – Parts of my life is. I’ve done some cool stuff… And I’m thinking a book turned into a movie 😀
6. Beach holiday, jungle adventure, or quiet getaway?
7. If you could have a special power, what would you have? – Atomic Manipulation
8. What would be one piece of advice/wisdom for the next generation. – Use your brain, ask critical questions, don’t be a follower.
9. I’m mixing some drinks, what’ll it be?
10. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
I hereby nominate the following unsuspecting bloggers (and I can’t figure out if they have more or less then 200 followers):
If you all choose to accept this award then here are your 11 questions:
- What is your dream vacation?
- What book are you currently reading?
- What New Year’s resolution did you make this year, and how long did it take you to break it?
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be?
- What does a perfect day look like to you?
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
- How did you get into the blogging world?
- Shark diving, bungee jumping or sky diving?
- What is your favorite cheesy pick up line, and have you ever used it or have it used on you?
- If you can reccommend just one place in your country to a tourist, what will it be?
- How annoyed are you at my questions right now, on a scale from 1-10? Do you get easily annoyed?
I really hope I was able to raise someones Blogosteem by sending a little love through the Liebster Awards. I also want you all to know that I did not do this because I’m a sweetheart. ‘Cuz I’m not! So there!
Happy bloggin’ and Rock On!