(Norsk versjon: Oppskrift: Ananas-chutney (Indisk)
Now, this chutney may well burn your face off, so you’d be well advised to take it easy with the chilies to begin with and add more if it is too bland for you.
Superb as a side to Indian food and Naan bread.
- 2 small or 1 large pineapple (a little on the green side)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red onion, thin half rings
- 4 red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger juice (grate ginger and press out the juice)
- 30 gram icing sugar, or to taste if needed
- 1,3 dl lime juice, or to taste
Peel the pineapple and cut pulp into lengthwise and discard the hard core. sprinkle the pulp with salt and leave it in a colander to drain. Rinse the pineapple and cut into small cubes, then drain on kitchen paper.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and balance the taste by using icing sugar, lime juice, pepper and salt. Refrigerate before serving.